This is a great surprise to the Glo lovers, Globacom just punches the clock with their own 4G LTE network like a dream in the night. This is coming just few months after MTN 4G went live.
Unfortunately, the Glo 4G network is only available in a few cities at this moment, but they are planning to extend it to other Cities soon. At this moment, it available in 9 major cities. The cities are;
Lagos, Abuja, PHC, Jos, Yola, Zaria, Benin, Warri and Eket. Other states are coming soon.
See the list of the new Glo data plans that will be suitable for LTE users
1. 1.6GB for N500 valid for 10days
2. 3.2GB for N1,000 valid for 30days
3. 7.5GB for N2,000 valid for 30days
4. 10GB for N2,500 valid for 30days
5. 12GB for N3,000 valid for 30days
6. 18GB for N4,000 valid for 30days
7. 24GB for N5,000 valid for 30days
8. 48GB for N8,000 valid for 30days
9. 2GB + 2.5GB on Campus + N2,000 airtime + 500Mb data to gift for N2,000 valid for 30days
10. 5GB + 6.25GB on Campus + N5000 airtime + 1.25GB for N5,000 valid for 30days
To Activate Glo 4G LTE Nework
- First of all, make sure you have a 4G LTE enabled device.
- Then, go to the nearby Glo office and buy a new 4G LTE SIM, get it registered or simply swap your normal Glo sim for a 4G LTE sim.
- Once it has been successfully swapped, dial *777# to get any of the 4G available plans.The Glo 4G LTE sim will work on Glo 4G router or any Universal MiFi available to you, but it will not work on a normal 3G Modem. You can also connect your 4G enabled smartphone via hotspot to your PC.
Glo has made it easier for you to know if your phone is compatible with their 4G LTE network, just text 4G to 400 and you'll receive a message telling you if its compatible or not.
If you have tried Glo 4G LTE service. Please share your experience in the comments section below.