This method is based on an uncomplicated command prompt trick that will force your external drive, and then you can use it smoothly and error-free. However, note that this will delete all your files from USB pen drive and if you have any important data, then use the recovery tool to restore these data before implementing this method. So just follow the simple steps below.
3 METHOD TO REPAIR
1. Connect the USB device to other computer: Mostly we face SD CARD or PEN DRIVE issues due to the incompatibility or any other driver related issue. So, before you conclude that your USB or SD CARD is damaged and its useless, try to connect it with other devices. If the USB device work fine on other devices, then you need to work on your computer rather than USB or SD CARD. So, this is the first step that you should take to check or repair your SD CARD or USB FLASH DRIVE.
2. Using Troubleshooter: Troubleshooter is the best way to short out any kind of hardware problem. You just need to "TROUBLESHOOTING" in the start MENU click on CONTROL PANEL search for TROUBLESHOOTING and then under HARDWARE AND SOUND Select the option CONFIGURE A DEVICE and follow the on screen instruction to sort out any problem regarding USB DEVICE or other hardware.
3. Updating USB Driver: If windows failed to read your USB Drive then outdated drivers might be another reason. Well, sometimes updating the device driver could fix any existing problem. Here's how you can update the device drivers.
- First of all, you need to open the RUN BOX(Windows Key+R) then type in DEVMGMT.MSC it will open up the device manager.
- Now you need to expand the UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLERS. Here you will see the corrupted or unrecognised USB devices as "UNKNOWN DEVICES".
- Right click on the "UNKNOWN DEVICES" and then you will see the option of update driver, click on that, simply update it and it will fix any existing problem.
Drop your comment if this work for you.